Scroll down to read Ms. Hudgins’ Tips for Acting Auditions!
All Levels/ Grades 6 – 12
Students should commit to attending rehearsals and performances outside of school hours.
For an audition in acting, students should be prepared to:
- Provide 3 copies of a brief resume that includes a current, small photo reflecting theatre experience and training, as well as special talents such as singing, dancing, juggling, etc. You may also email the headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the student name and fine arts major in the email.
- Dress appropriately for movement exercises.
- Perform from memory a monologue, speech, or poem of one minute or less in length. This piece must be from a published work. Movie excerpts or original work will not be accepted. Students will be asked to take direction on the piece presented.
- Play theatre games and have fun!
- Read from a short excerpt of a script with a partner.
Tips for Acting Auditions
- Please be on time.
- Find an open space where you have room to move without bumping into any furniture.
- Introduce yourself and your piece before you begin. Then, step back, drop your head and when you look up, begin your monologue. When you are finished, drop your head.