NOTE: CCA auditions will be virtual this year due to the ongoing community health crisis. Applicants will receive an email with your Zoom meeting details.
Musical Theatre applicants, scroll down to read some tips from our faculty for your virtual audition!
All Levels/ Grades 6 – 12
- Students should commit to attending all required rehearsals and performances outside of school hours.
- Provide a current, small photo (headshot) and a brief resume including experience and training in theatre, vocal music, and dance, as well as special talents such as gymnastics, juggling, etc. You may email the headshot and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the student name and fine arts major in the email.
- Sing from memory 16 measures of a song that best showcases the student’s vocal ability. Because auditions will be virtual this year, you will need to provide the accompaniment and play it from your physical location as you sing. (This is to ensure that the music and vocals align correctly for the Zoom audition.) A CD or iPod music without voices may be used for accompaniment. No a cappella auditions are allowed.
- Perform from memory a monologue, speech, or poem of one minute or less in length.
Tips for Your Virtual Audition
- Please wake up early enough to get your voice warmed up for singing.
- Make sure your audition space is in a quiet location of your home.
- Make sure your song selection is appropriate for your age and voice.
- Since you will be auditioning via Zoom, you will need to provide your own accompaniment. Make sure you have two devices: one to zoom with and one to play your music with.
- Please dress appropriately for an audition/interview. Look nice!