Musical Theatre applicants, scroll down to read some tips from our faculty for your virtual audition!
All Levels/ Grades 6 – 12
- Students should commit to attending all required rehearsals and performances outside of school hours.
- Provide 3 copies of a brief resume with a current, small photo (headshot) including experience and training in theatre, vocal music, and dance, as well as special talents such as gymnastics, juggling, etc. You may email the headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the student name and fine arts major in the email.
- Sing from memory 16 measures of a song that best showcases the student’s vocal ability. Bring sheet music or an accompaniment track. If you are using an accompaniment track, please know the exact time stamp for your song cut. No a cappella auditions are allowed.
- Perform from memory a monologue, speech, or poem of one minute or less in length.
Tips for Your Audition
- Please wake up early enough to get your voice warmed up for singing.
- Please dress appropriately for an audition/interview. Look nice!
- You are only singing 16 bars of a song, but be prepared to sing more if asked.